A collection of California focused resources related to sickle cell disease for individuals and health care providers.Center for Disease Control's Sickle Cell Data Collection (SCDC) Program
The SCDC program collects health information about people with sickle cell disease (SCD) to study long-term trends in diagnosis, treatment, and healthcare access for people with SCD in the United States. The program will help inform policy and healthcare standards that improve and extend the lives of people with SCD.
- Webinar 1:Project Introduction, presented by Susan Paulukonis and Mary Hulihan
- Webinar 2: Older Adults and Sickle Cell Disease
- Webinar 3: Emerging Treatments in SCD
- Webinar 4: Enhancing Access to care for Sickle Cell Disease in South Carolina
- Webinar 5: Translating Health Services Research in Sickle Cell Disease to Policy
- Webinar 6: A Case Study: A few dedicated professionals discuss how and why they created a new county clinic in South Los Angeles
- Webinar 7: Evaluating and Addressing Challenges to Optimal Sickle Cell Disease Care, Within the Health Literate Care Model. Dr. Marsha Treadwell, Clinical Scientist at the UCSF Benioff Children's Hospital Oakland
- Webinar 8: Reducing transfusion complications and other surveillance-supported efforts in hemoglobin disorders. By Dr. Angela Snyder, Dr. Jane Branscomb and Dr. Ross Fasano
- Webinar 9: Neuropathic pain: Can stress and pain itself cause a sickle crisis? by Dr. Thomas Coates. Tuesday, November 14, 2017, from 10-11:30 am PDT. Dr. Coates is the section head of Hematology in the division of Hematology Oncology at Children's Hospital Los Angeles, and the University of Southern California
- Webinar NICHQ: Lessons learned and recommendations stemming from the National Institute for Children's Health Quality (NICHQ)-led Sickle Cell Disease Treatment Demonstration Program
- Webinar 10: Michigan's plan for sickle cell disease across the lifespan: Lessons learned for California. The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services created a state action plan for sickle cell in 2015 that is being used as a model plan by the federal Health Resources & Services Administration
- Webinar 11: Opioid Prescriptions: Disparities and Realities, by Dr. Wally Smith, Virginia Commonwealth University
- Webinar 12: Innovations in Health Care Transition from Pediatric to Adult Care
- Webinar 13: Community Health Workers and Mobile Apps for Transition from Pediatric-to Adult-focused Sickle Cell Care
- Webinar 14: Stepping Up into Adult Care: The Sickle Cell Trevor Thompson Transition (ST3P-UP) Project.
- Webinar 15: What's new at the Sickle Cell Disease Association of America (SCDAA)?
- Webinar 16: Collaboration and community in sickle cell
- Webinar 17: Adult Health Care for Sickle Cell Disease: How to Make it Better
- Webinar 18: Diversifying the Blood Donor Pool: The need for African American donors to support Sickle Cell Patients
- Webinar 19: SCDC Program Findings and Activities + Future Directions
- Webinar 20: End-of-Life Healthcare Utilization in Sickle Cell Disease and the Palliative Care Model